Monday, July 30, 2012

Two Becomes Three (Hobbit Movies)

My fiance loves LOTR just as much as the next guy (who has seen all the movies multiple times but never actually read the books), but even he was like, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" when Peter Jackson announced that he was expanding the Hobbit movies from two to three.

Jackson himself has admitted that the book is thinner on plot and theme than any individual LOTR movie, so how does he expect this one book to hold up for three films? I love wide, expansive shots of New Zealand as much as the next person, but how much of it do you need?

I definitely don't think this is just a money grab or anything like that (well, for Warner Bros. of course it is, but not for Jackson), but I do think he needs to consider carefully how much this "related material" really adds up to... I mean, I hope they're amazing and just as much fun as LOTR, but... can they be?

[via /Film]

No comments:

Post a Comment