Thursday, February 28, 2013

Read "Tenth of December" NOW

Seriously, it'll only take you about four hours and it's super-worth it (you'll get that once you read the book!). It's a collection of short stories, which are one of my at least top five favorite story-mediums, and they're all really strong and not super-depressing like most short stories are (although they're not all "hey the world is so great and life is awesome!" either but at least it's not "The Lottery" am I right?). So do it! Tenth of December. George Saunders. I had a rough week and my super-amazing friend Alex lent it to me and it's really incredible. The writing is funny, emotional (but not sentimental), and so pitch-perfect to the characters and to the author's voice, which I don't totally understand how you can do when so many of the stories are written inside the protagonist's head, but still. He does it. It is amazing. Read now.

... I bet the audiobook would be really good, too. If there is an audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment