Monday, April 29, 2013

Futurama: The Re-Canceling

Here's the thing: Was I watching the new Futurama episodes religiously? No. Did I like the idea that I COULD watch new episodes on Comedy Central or Netflix whenever nothing else was on and I wanted to laugh and not be forced by the husband (!!!) into watching American Pickers? Very much so. Also, I liked that there were talented comedy writers getting a good job off of it - hope for the rest of us, etc etc. And, hey, if the Simpsons and Family Guy are still on this long after they stopped being hyper-relevant, why not Futurama? (Note: I would HAPPILY work for either of those shows. No judgment. Just saying!)

But, alas, Futurama has indeed been re-canceled. Admittedly, it had a slightly larger budget than Tosh.0 so I don't blame them too much. Oh well, at least I can still enjoy the re-runs, and now when those runs re- every once and a while I'll be able to say, "Oh, hey, I haven't seen this one yet!" And that is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment