Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Bloomsday, Everybody!

Reading Ulysses was probably one of the smartest choices I ever made, if an incomprehensible one. Just like the book!

I suggest that everyone read this great work of literature and feat of words that usually don't make sense together but somehow in this they do in a weird way that you can only learn in a classroom or insubstantially by reading Cliff notes and I did both and think I understand about 77% of it and I only say 77% because it is my favorite number but the actual percentage probably hovers around 35% but then how do you really measure reading comprehension in a book where an entire chapter takes place in a bathtub as a man considers what to do with his erection.

Seriously, though, it's a great book. Read it in a classroom setting and you will have your mind blown.

2 comments:

  1. Sasha, that was the most delightful/adorable/funny/extensive run-on sentence I've read in some time! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Valentina! And thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete