Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Smart Girls at the Party!

If you guys haven't seen Amy Poehler's series "Smart Girls Out at the Party" do yourself a favor and check it out! It's hilarious, heartwarming, and inspirational all in bite-sized 5 minute doses! Also, my new thing is to mix metaphors I guess. Hooray!

The series is really fun, silly, and inspires young women to be themselves and strive to succeed by following their passions. Heck, it even inspires me! I'm totally going to follow my passions... once I figure out what they are, that is. Tonight it seems to be eating cupcakes and writing blog posts, but there could be new horizons in the future.

Plus, SMATP (pronounced SMATt-pah!) makes me super jealous of Amy Poehler's amazing life (who else creates an awesome webseries with her best friends and at the end there's a dance party with all the stars of Parks and Rec? I don't even understand how brilliant that is). I'm also jealous of her two Production Assistants - can I have that job, please? I'll do twice the work for zero the pay!

I'm even jealous of the bright ladies she interviews, but then I remember that the children are our future and more importantly are the ones who will take care of me when I'm old via technology and stem-cell-grown kidneys so then I'm just happy for them. It's gonna be great!

Anyway, here's a clip of Amy and her friends plugging their website, which is, again, right here! Go to it, enjoy it, and let me know what you think! Here's hoping one day that we can all be the Smart Girls at Amy Poehler's SMATP Parties (unless you're a guy, in which case I hope you're still a guy unless you decided to switch but that's entirely up to you and I'm totally supportive either way.). K BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment