Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Soon We Will All Be Frankensteins

Clearly, I'm already a Frankenstein because I have an extra body part in me. However, pretty soon we're all going to be telomerased-switched Frankensteins who live forever. At least, that's what I'm taking away from this study wherein researchers partially reversed the again process in mice.

This is almost too creepy to be cool, am I right? I think we may soon be crossing the uncanny valley of vampire-ism, zombie-ism, or humanoid-robot-ism very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sasha, you don't need to worry too much about the study for 3 reasons:

    1- it is in mice
    2- these are special mice with screwed up telomeres
    3- we have not "reversed aging"

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough, Noam! Thank you for assuaging my fears.

    But sometimes it is more fun to freak out and say we're all going to be humanoid zombie vampire robots someday, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete