Wednesday, April 27, 2011

HP7:P2 Trailer Oot!!

The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 trailer is oot! (I like saying oot instead of out because Canadians are funny. They are also irrelevant to this post.) Wow. It really looks incredible. Watch it!



Badass Apple HD trailer available here. Actually, yeah just go to the Apple trailer because it's way better than my embed.

SPOILER(S) ALERT! (my thoughts, feelings, reactions)

I love all the glimpses at the Snape memories. They look off-kilter, a little disturbing, but also beautiful and nostalgic - and that's from about five frames alone!

That "Harry throwing himself and Voldy off the tower" thing seems a bit odd, but maybe it will work in context?

Love the hint at the Bellatrix vs. Molly duel!

Everybody's dying!!! I feel like they show a ton of the deaths in this trailer, but really you'd only know who/what is going on if you've read the books so it's not really that spoiler-y. (Of course me talking about it is, though, but if you didn't want spoilers you shouldn't have kept reading!)

On that note - Freeeeeeeeddddd!!

Overall the look feels nostalgic (I can't believe it's almost over!) and magical (Wands! Pretty floating things! Dragons!) like always, but also super gritty, action-packed, and dramatic to show that we're not just dealing with Harry Potter anymore - now we've got Harry F**king Potter.

And I'm ready to join the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment