Monday, July 25, 2011

Muppets Take Manhattan - Again!


Wow! The Rainbow Connection has arrived here in New York (and I'm not just talking about the first weekend of gay marriages)!

The Museum of the Moving Image is hosting the traveling show, "Jim Henson's Fantastic World" from now until January. I can't wait to go see it!

Each weekend they'll have Muppet-related movies and events (I think I'm going to go see "Muppets History 101" on Saturday at 1pm if anyone's interested in joining me!) that will help you discover more about Jim Henson's life, career, and the legacy of films, TV shows, and overall great Muppet-ified storytelling he created.

The exhibit itself will hold classic Muppets, including Kermit and his crew, as well as "objects related to the inspired imaginary world of... "The Dark Crystal," (Oooo, do you think that means they have UrSkeks??) along with drawings, sketches, storyboards, and all kinds of other materials from his workshop.

Who's coming with me?

[Article via Neatorama, more info at the MOMI]

No comments:

Post a Comment