Friday, September 30, 2011

Electric Car Sharing Program Launches in Paris!

Ok, it launches next week, but the present tense is so much more exciting!

Also, how cool is this? Not only does Paris have its wildly successful bike-sharing program (which the BF and I saw buzzing around the city the entire time we were there), but now it will have an electric car sharing program, for when you need to take longer journeys. What a fantastic idea!

I'd say New York should do that, but I guess that's pretty much what taxis and services like Zip Car are for... but they aren't electric, plus this seems way cheaper. 4-8 Euros? I'm in! Although, I wonder if 30 minutes is enough time.

What do you think? I know my parents love walking and taking the subway around Paris, I wonder if this would be something they'd be interested in.

[Scientific American]

No comments:

Post a Comment