Friday, September 30, 2011

The October Unprocessed Challenge

While I'm not big on "challenges" even though at some point I'd love to do the "write a novel in a month" challenge that takes place in November, I figured I'd give this "unprocessed" challenge a try. Why? Because first of all, I don't eat a lot of unprocessed foods to begin with and second of all, why not? It's only a month and the most I'd be giving up is my some-nightsly Edy's slow churn which, quite frankly, I really should not be eating as much of as I am.

Plus, I've decided to do a "Sundays don't count" rule, as that's football time and my boy (who's going to try the challenge with me) deserves to be getting his snack on when his game's on. That being said, I'll try to help him choose less processed snacks on those days.

And the biggest payoff? Before I know it, it'll be October 31st, aka Halloween, aka biggest candy binge at midnight ever.

What the people proposing this challenge anticipated? No. Will it work out about the same in the end? Yep. And that's all that matters.

... Am I eating the last vestiges of Edy's in my freezer right now? ... Maybe...

[Read more about the challenge and sign up for yourself (if you want to, of course!) at Eating Rules]

1 comment: