Friday, May 25, 2012

Upfronts! ABC

Speaking of "Once" - let's move onto ABC. I'm a big, big fan of "Happy Endings" so I was excited to hear their new slate with trailers here. Unfortunately, nothing they picked up is really making me sing "Joy to the World" but then again, I didn't start watching "Happy Endings" until this season, so I've been proven wrong before.

My quick drama bit: They didn't pick up "Beauty and the Beast" whereas CW picked up theirs. I have a sneaking suspicion this is for two reasons: 1) Seriously, only one network should have a B&B show at a time. I think that is legitimate despite the fantasy/sci-fi craze right now. 2) Frankly, it would have been uber-expensive and with the pickup of "Once" ABC is going to want to spend their CGI dollars bolstering and expanding that hit instead of supporting a newbie. I did want to see that pilot, but I think it was a wise decision.

Onto the comedies!

"The Neighbors" (suburb full of aliens - literally) and "Malibu Country" premiere in the fall. While I love the idea of a high concept alien comedy, the trailer didn't thrill me:



I'm just a little worried it'll be one-note all the way through, though I do love the colorblind casting of the aliens!

In the spring, we'll get to see "How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life)" starring Scrubs' Sarah Chalke. I'm a "Scrubs" fan, so I'm posting this, but I think it's going to take a few episodes to win me over, if at all.



Plus, "The Family Tools" which is another silly name, starring a bunch of silly people. But I do love J.K. Simmons, so I'll give it the pilot (but that's probably it).



Phew! I'd say onto CBS, but I'm super disappointed they didn't order "Super Fun Night" that I may not post about their two new comedies at all. Take that, most popular network!

No comments:

Post a Comment