Monday, December 31, 2012

GITS More Movies Like This, Please

Another great post over at GITS for the end of the year, this time on the movies he thought were extra special this year, ones that he wants to see "more like this" - some I agree with, some I don't, but I definitely agree with his list of the types of movies he wants to see more of (for more of this list, hit the link):
* More movies that take risks.

* More movies that approach narrative in different ways.

* More cinematic movies.

* More quirky, whimsical, oddball movies reflecting a distinctive take on the world.

* More movies where the focus is on characters, not special effects.

* More movies that have no reason to exist other than the fact they have a great story to tell.
I hope I can write a few that live up to those expectations next year - or at least one!

No comments:

Post a Comment