Sunday, March 31, 2013

GAME OF THRONES!!!!

IT'S BACK!!!

What did you think? How'd we do? Did we all survive watching this episode? Or did your brain burst with anticipation at watching the NEXT episode, now that it is only a week away?! I think I did a little of both.

I thought it did some really great set-up and character work, which is legitimately what I want from this show. Others may be more into the sex/violence, but I really enjoy the character development and exploration of the world. And yes, I know that sounds like the guy who says he only reads Playboy "for the articles" but it's true! Sometimes it does have good articles!

Things I'm nervous about (not in terms of like, bad writing or something, but in terms of watching these people always makes me squeamish): Tyrion in the new King's Landing landscape, Sansa and Littlefinger (what is he going to do to her? He has a vendetta against her mom, which deeply concerns me), and Joffrey's new fiancee, Margaery Tyrell - she really feels like she has the upper hand right now, but where Joffrey is concerned, that cannot last for long...

Things I'm pumped about: Jon Snow (plus Ygritte) and Rangers (esp Sam) V White Walkers, Dany and her potential new enslaved, castrated army (she clearly hates slavery and it is interesting to see her wrestle with her desire to do what is necessary to take the throne without compromising herself and her morals) + DRAGONS, and anything that Ari is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment