Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mindy Kaling is Crazy Busy

Parade has a profile of Mindy Kaling. While it's pretty short, I really liked this section toward the end:

“I love being the boss,” she says, “but it’s lonelier because you know that everyone at some point has huge complaints about you. And I like to be part of the gang, you know?” Soon, she’ll have even more on her plate: She’s signed on to voice a character in the Pixar film Inside Out, and she’s writing another book. She has also bought her next home, “a dilapidated teardown in the hills that I plan on gutting and slowly rebuilding,” she says. “It’s going to take a few years.”

I absolutely loved Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? so I super approve of a new book. I'm also thrilled that she (and Amy Poehler!!) is voicing a character in Inside/Out. Also, I completely respect her for giving into the HGTV temptation of renovating and decorating houses. If I could afford to - and lived in LA with enough space to - I would totally do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment