Saturday, November 30, 2013

'The Heat' Spinoff in the Works

We may never see a The Heat sequel (at least according to Sandra Bullock), but we very well may see a The Heat spinoff starring Melissa McCarthy's character's two sisters (or sisters-in-law or girlfriends-in-law, I don't remember the exact details, but regardless they're related to her in some way), Beth and Gina. For whatever reason, Boston-based comedy is having a real moment right now, so I say go ahead and capitalize on it. I can't say I totally understand it, but being a Texas girl in New York, I don't think I'm necessarily the target audience for all the inside jokes. So for me, as long as the characters have a great arc and the non-insider jokes are funny, I'm game!

To give you a refresher on the characters:



[via /Film]

No comments:

Post a Comment