Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bill Hader's List of 200 Essential Comedies

I just finished the book, Poking a Dead Frogs: Conversations with Today's Top Comedy Writers. He's the same guy who wrote the same book like five years ago, and the conversations are pretty much the same - in that they're interesting and fun to read, but you come out of it feeling like you haven't really learned anything. In the book, Bill Hader provides a list of his 200 "Essential" comedies to watch. You can read the full list here. The list is familiar with a few interesting differentiations, and I'll add the ones I haven't seen to my Netlflix list. I will say, I think it's really cute that he has pretty much every Coen brothers movie on there. I agree, Bill, I agree.

What do you think? Which ones haven't you seen, but want to now solely because a famous funny guy says they're legit? Because that's reason enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment