Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Allie's Done it Again, or: All I Do Is Plug Hyperbole and a Half

The new post at Hyperbole and a Half is so painfully awkward that I think it reached the sixth level of Social Entrapment. The fifth is getting rangled into watching a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and empathetically cringing at everything. The sixth is getting rangled into reading a hilarious blog post that makes you just as painfully empathetic.

Why was I born with the ability to feel non-animated cartoon feelings!?

Seriously, our brains can make faces out of anything, and all this has led us to do is us feeling awkward for inanimate drawings and crying to ourselves when we realize that we're killing our smiley-faced pancakes when we eat them. It's cannibalistic. But they're PANCAKES. Or sometimes waffles or expertly crafted sundaes.

I never question the validity of evolution, but I do question whether it's constantly playing jokes on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment