Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Helping Out Some Kidneys!

So here's my contribution to this whole doing good business - My friends and I will be walking in the 2010 New York Kidney Walk on October 17th!

The walk supports the National Kidney Foundation (NKF). The NKF is a foundation that promotes research, support, and advocacy for those with kidney disease and kidney transplants. They support organ donation programs, educate people about CKD and how to prevent it (for those in which the disease is preventable), advocate for patients and donors, and try to push kidney-friendly policies through Congress (i.e. getting Medicare to cover renal transplant patients for life which, while not yet achieved, got farther through Congress this year than in many years past).

You can help, too! By sponsoring me, you can make a donation to the NKF and help make my walk really mean something. I wouldn't be here without people like those who work at NKF (and, of course, people like my wonderful donor, Katherine), so let's show them how much they mean to us.

You can sponsor me by clicking "Sponsor" on my Kidney Walk page.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment