Thursday, June 16, 2011

GB: Paris Day Three: I'm Allergic to Something: Photo Set 9



After Notre Dame, we walked to a famed ice cream place nearby called Berthillon. It was there we learned that some fancy ice cream stores, like museums, are apparently closed on Tuesdays. Luckily there was a little cafe a few doors down that served Berthillon ice cream. AS and I each had double scoop cones. She got strawberry and chocolate nougat, and I got two scoops of chocolate noir. (I won.)

The street had several cool shops including one that had these two dancing poodles in the window. I have no doubt AS would've bought it, but unfortunately the place must have either been a museum or an ice cream shop, because it was closed. A few doors down however was a cool shop with little glass figurines and we got her a tiny glass moose there to soften the blow.

On our walk home, we stopped at a bakery near the apartment and got three chocolate treats. I realize now that we forgot to take pictures of them, but I assure you they were fancy and delicious. We only ate a few bites of each, as I could feel myself getting closer to diabetes, so we're saving the rest for tomorrow. Maybe I'll remember to take a picture then, but I wouldn't wager much on that.

For dinner tonight, I had some kind of baguette/panini sandwich. We've been seeing people walking all over town with them and eating them in parks, so I was intrigued. We didn't have dinner plans, so when we walked by a little storefront that had some good looking ones I indulged. It was delicious. It was a good sandwich. My French still isn't good enough to understand what the bag says, but man that sandwich was one of the best sandwiches I've had in a while.

On our walk home from the sandwich shop, we saw this cool piece of art that looks like the sidewalk is exploding. There's a little fountain underneath it.

Tomorrow the museums will be open, so we're going to head to the natural history museum. Lunch TBD and then maybe something in the afternoon. I'd like to check out the catacombs, but I'm not sure if that will happen tomorrow. For all I know, gelato shops and catacombs are closed on Wednesdays or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment