Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cinema 2011: Kees van Dijkhuizen

Want to watch something that will make you want to watch every movie of the last year? This video is it.



Kees says of his 2011 montage:

"A mix of laughs, kisses, fights, tears and everything in between. Here’s what brought us together this year. God, I love cinema. Each year I’m reminded of the sheer force a couple of frames can hold, and it’s something only found in film. It seems to just fly by, and if you don’t pay attention, you might miss it all. A gorgeous masterpiece about one family coping with the end of the world, the portrait of a young man diagnosed with cancer, the end of a ten-year adventure that reached millions, a cynical writer discovering the magic of Paris… No matter how you look at it, 2011 had something to offer for everyone.


After Cinema 2008, 2009 and 2010, I decided to take a new approach. Artists like Gen and Matt have explored new terrain of the end-of-the-year montage and the urge to keep Cinema’s identity intact became bigger than ever. After experimenting with a more personal vision last year, I decided to focus more on the year itsself rather than my vision on it. The Cinema series has a special place for me because bringing so many films together makes it so very clear why we want to spend hours and hours in a dark room filled with strangers. As always, thanks a million to my wonderful subscribers and viewers, everyone who I’ve had the joy of sharing my passion with and everyone else who’ve made my YouTube career such a wonderful success. This one’s for you."

I found it completely moving. It really does make me want to watch every film from the last year. It also reminds me that even in a year with few movies I truly loved ("Harry Potter" aside), every film has beauty and emotion and art inherent in its basic concept: capturing moving images. This is all brought to you by the creator of the [The Films Of] series.

Plus, the music and all the smooching certainly help.

[via /Film]

No comments:

Post a Comment