Saturday, December 31, 2011

HuffPost TV: On Writing and New Directions

Maybe the switch from TV Squad to HuffPost TV isn't a bad thing (except the name, which is infinitely lamer) if they're going to keep up with posts like this one that's all about writing outlines.

Usually TV Squad focuses more on TV recaps and reviews (which I do love, as seen by how much I repost their stuff on my blog!), but I like the idea that they're branching out to articles about writing TV. I don't follow any blogs that specifically discuss writing for TV (just writing for film), so I hope they keep this up. And writing on outlines is an auspicious start, since I think it's just about the most helpful thing to do when writing TV (which is very structured, but can feel much less structured than a film sometimes).

Of course, I also love that this post was written by a) a lady writer (one of the few! the proud!) and b) a writer for "Once Upon a Time."

It certainly would be helpful in keeping my New Year's resolutions!

Good work, HuffPost TV. Keep it up in the future!

PS. Unadulterated praise for Stephen Colbert doesn't hurt, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment