Monday, February 6, 2012

"Awake" Extended Preview

Is anyone else excited about NBC's new show, "Awake"? Here's an extended preview to get you up to speed:



I don't usually like dramas, especially not ones that deal so directly with death, but this one fascinates me. I can't wait to watch the premiere, and I hope that it's as good as I want it to be. The premise is just so fascinating and strange. The one moment I wish it would have given me is a glimpse into what the mother/son think about the father's condition. Do they know? Are they jealous? Do they think he's delusional? Or do they check in via him - essentially communicating with each other via the protagonist? I find that in particle very compelling.

Is anyone else excited about this, or is it just me? Am I simply falling for schmaltz and sap, or do you think it's a story that can gain traction and reach into truths about loss and recovery?

[via /Film which, I should note, titled their article "Lucius Malfoy is Confused" which I appreciate but would rephrase to "Lucius Malfoy Sees Dead People" - too easy!]

No comments:

Post a Comment