Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cookie Monster's First Appearance

I just finished watching "Being Elmo" available on Netflix Instant Watch. It's a wonderful documentary about Kevin Clash, the puppeteer and now wildly successful Sesame Street (executive!) producer who created and inhabits Elmo. His journey is astounding. It's one of (very few) completely feel-good documentaries out there. I absolutely loved it. The only bad part was that it made me wish I was a puppeteer! Alas.

Anyway, I'm in a Muppet-y mood, so here is Cookie Monster's first appearance - with teeth, no less - in an unaired commercial for a very nasty-sounding set of snack foods.



Also, congrats to Bret McKenzie and the Muppets for winning the Oscar for Best Song!

[Cookie Monster clip via Neatorama]

No comments:

Post a Comment