Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Matthew Perry Series to Be Awesome

I got a chance to read the Scott Silveri-penned and Matthew Perry-starring NBC pilot "Go On," which recently was given a full series order. I've got great news (that apparently NBC has already realized): it's great. It was a fantastic read, and I cannot wait to watch the show when it airs.

This post is spoiler-free, so I'm not going to go into the content of the pilot, but I feel like it was one of the few pilots I read that gave voices to several groups of people that we don't hear from very often on TV and that we need more of. The fact that it will be helmed by a very funny, veteran comedic actor in a role I'm sure he'll be comfortable playing and a former 'Friends' writer certainly couldn't hurt.

The show is a classic example of the Hollywood mantra, "similar but different" and I cannot wait to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment