Friday, November 30, 2012

An App of Ice and Fire

'Game of Thrones' just got a reboot. No, there's not a movie or a network sitcom based on it (but seriously, what property doesn't have a network script in development right now, am I right? Hamlet? Two Wuthering Heights'? Come on!) - There's a new iOS app called "George R.R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones Guide" that's got fun pictures and descriptions of all the characters in the books, plus interactive maps and location profiles. Another cool feature? You can buy the app individually per book so as not to spoil information you haven't read yet!

I still haven't decided to read the books yet (I'm a big fan of the series and I'm a little worried that the books will make me like it less... I almost want to wait until the series is over, then read the books, if that makes sense?) but this seems like a really stellar companion piece. Way to go, Random House and its team of nerds for creating it!

[via ThinkProgress]

No comments:

Post a Comment