Friday, November 30, 2012

New Pixar Movie!!!!!

There's movies a'brewin' on the Pixar front!

Writer Derek Connelly (Safety Not Guaranteed) spilled the beans that he's working with director Teddy Newton (Day and Night, which is the rare Pixar short I was not really a fan of - just didn't get the hype. People were super obsessing over it and I thought it was... fine?) on a new Pixar feature. Of course, we probably won't see the film before 2017 or even get a glimmer of news as to what it's about before 2014, but it's always good to know they have new, interesting writers working on their team.

In other news, he's also working on a remake of 1986's Flight of the Navigator, which I recently discovered my fiance hasn't seen before! Got it on the Netflix yesterday - totally watching it tonight or tomorrow. I hope it holds up. It was one of my brother's favorite movies when we were little. I loved the weird little animals - duh.

Best of luck, Derek! 99% of screenwriters (yours truly included!) are incredibly jealous of you. Don't screw it up!

[via /Film]

No comments:

Post a Comment