Thursday, June 27, 2013

Anyone Else Excited about "The Heat"?

I know I am!

A bunch of articles are talking about it - what does it mean for Hollywood to have two women in a man's genre and not give a shit, etc etc. The Daily Beast has a pretty thorough (if depressing) take on it. As depressing as it is that more movies about women don't get made - especially comedies - I'm really excited because this one is both right in my "this is the kind of movie I want to see" wheelhouse and also it's supposed to be good! And, yes, it's the first of its kind. And while the progress may be excruciatingly slow, it won't be the last of its kind. And it may even spark more - slowly but slowly onward and upward.

Plus, I don't know about you, but I need a break from all these superhero movies. Since when does an action film need to be two hours? And double since when does it need to have a ninety minutes of action in it? I get so incredibly bored just watching things get destroyed. It is not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment