Friday, August 30, 2013

Go, Go Power Rangers!

The original American Power Rangers recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. That's a little sad for everyone who grew up watching it and wants to pretend they're not an adult yet. It also marks the 20th anniversary of my first crush, on the oh-so-swoon-worthy Red Ranger, Jason. I agree now, looking back, that he may not have been quite as swoon-worthy as I once believed, but when he left the show, I cried for hours. I remember staring out my bedroom window and realizing that life would never be the same. There were things in this world that I couldn't change. There are people in your life that will leave and never return. It was a profound moment. Thank you for that, original Power Rangers. Might you morph forever on in our millenial memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment