Saturday, March 21, 2009

Reasons Why I Need to Listen to More Music

I have consistently woken up to the following two songs stuck in my head this past week.

1) "The Price is Right" theme music
2) "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah" - that's right, what Wikipedia calls the "black spiritual song," to which I don't even know the words.

I'm not saying "The Price is Right" isn't a fun song to buzz in your head while you're picking up groceries, but I have a feeling it's borderline sacrilegious/racist to come up with your own lyrics to "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah," especially when they're related to your breakfast.

i.e. "Glory, glory, hallelujah! There's milk left in the fridge!"

I think I'm going to have to start listening to music instead of podcasts on my iPod again. My subconscious is not to be trusted.

2 comments:

  1. The UGA fight song is set to "Glory, Glory, Hallelujah." The lyrics:

    Glory, Glory to old Georgia (x3),
    and to hell with [rival team],
    Glory, Glory to old Georgia (x3)
    G-E-O-R-G-I-A

    True story.

    ReplyDelete