Friday, March 20, 2009

Synonym Game: Round Four

Cinnamon Synonyms: Delicious and Educational

Cinnamon: amber, bay, bister, buff, drab, ecru, fawn, henna, khaki, mahogany, sorrel, snuff-colored, tawny, toast, and a bonus synonym at the end!

Notes:

1. Bister sounds like blister. That is gross and not tasty.
2. Fawn is a deer and I don't like venison, especially not baby venison. Why do deer always end up in my synonyms!?
3. Henna is that cool non-tattoo tattoo thing that all my Indian friends get when they go to family stuff. This upsets me because it reminds me of how I am not Indian and how cool it would be to be Indian.
4. Khaki - really? I don't think Tim O'Brien mentioned "a shaker of cinnamon" in The Things They Carried.
5. Sorrel sounds like squirrel, and you know how I feel about squirrels.... (Shaking fist)
6. Snuff-Colored - If I'm writing a kids' book, am I really going to choose "snuff-colored" instead of cinnamon? Are these guys advocating me drugging children with a 19th century opiate? Because I'll do it, but I won't feel comfortable about it.
7. Toast. See, this is perfect, because cinnamon + toast (+ sugar) = cinnamon-sugar toast, and that shiz is delicious.

Bonus: Like most words, according to thesaurus.com, cinnamon is a synonym for cinnamon. Lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment