Saturday, October 3, 2009

For Your Consideration

While I know personally that poodles are the best dogs on the planet, I have long given up hope that my boyfriend will agree with me (despite how much he loves Sunny).

However, if I cannot prove to him that a poodle is the best, I believe I can prove that a poodle hybrid is nearly as worthy of the title. Therefore, I give you, for your consideration, Tigger, the Labradoodle.



Now, Tigger is a mini Labradoodle, but I'd settle for a standard Labradoodle, as well.

Some perks (all info courtesy of WeLoveDoodles.com):

Temperament: Very affectionate and loving.
With Children:
Excellent with children, they absolutely adore them.
With Pets:
Get along well with other dogs and animals.
Special Skills:
They love water and are natural swimmers and retrievers.
Care and Exercise:
Medium activity with average exercise needs (daily walking is recommended). Flat and wavy coats only need little grooming. Curly coats require regular grooming. Labradoodle’s coats repel moisture and dirt so baths are infrequent.
Training:
Easy to train.
Learning Rate:
Very quick to learn, extremely intelligent and confident, these dogs can be very clever.
Activity:
They are very active yet show no aggression to people or other dogs.
Living Environment:
In a home with a family, singles or an active older couples.
Life Span:
9 – 15 years

Some Flaws (but only sort-of-flaws):

Health Issues: Skin problems are the most common condition. But, overall, the Labradoodle is a very healthy breed.
Watch-dog: Not good, they need time and attention from their owners.
Guard-dog: Not good, they're too friendly.

Pretty sweet deal, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment