Monday, April 12, 2010

Conan at TBS - Very Funny?

In a rare bit of TV media-related commentary, I just felt like I had to comment on Conan O'Brien's move to host a Late Night show on TBS this fall.

First of all, did any of you call this? It was quite a shock to me. While I was concerned with where Conan would fit in the FOX lineup, I never guessed he'd move to TBS. I'm not a huge fan of TBS's original programming, though it does add some much-needed diversity to the TV comedy lineup. I'm concerned about him competing with other 11 PM EST comedies, even with cable's generally low ratings standards.

But who knows! I could be wrong, and I certainly wish him the best!

What do you guys think? Will you watch Conan on his new time slot? Do you have basic cable (which I do not)? Do you think TBS will start airing their shows on Hulu? Do you even care?

UPDATE: This Daily Beast article offers a lot more insight, and definitely makes the case that this was the best possible move for Conan.

No comments:

Post a Comment