Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!


Happy Earth Day!

I hope you all take some time out of your day to help out in some small way, whether turning off your lights when you're not in the room or unplugging your electronics at night when you're done with them. This morning I signed the Earth Day 2010 Climate Declaration. It took me a whopping 30 seconds and made me feel happy for the rest of the day!

For some extra green boosting power, check out this Comedy Central Insider blog post with some more really super duper easy things you can do to help out today and beyond!

I would make an addendum to their "Go Vegetarian" suggestion because if you're like me, you love meat, and you would not want to give it up forever. But try eating meat only once or twice a week instead of every day. It's a great way to cut down on your carbon count and it'll make you healthier overall (especially if your cholesterol count is just as important as your carbon one)!

UPDATE: Another series of great, though more drastic tips over at HowStuffWorks. I particularly like the one about giving up seafood, since I gave it up when I was 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment