Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Juxtaposition I Just Don't Get


Have anyone else noticed how detailed the animation in "South Park" has gotten over the years?

Seriously, look at the shading on the pillow and sheets here. That's very well-executed! Even how the chair off to the side is cardboard style but feels very three-dimensional is almost impressive. At the same time, the characters' faces look nearly the same as they did when "South Park" first aired. What a weird juxtaposition!

I understand that computer animation has led to vast advances in how great we can make everything look, but I guess I just don't understand why Trey Parker and Matt Stone would really care (unlike all of the explosions and stuff, which I can understand a couple of guys like that wanting to make them look really over-the-top and nuts).

We'll probably never know, but it still weirds me out.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment