Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Idea! Ban Retail Puppy Sales

More and more cities are trying to ban "companion animal" sales in retail stores. Hooray!

I remember when our local pet stores back in Dallas closed. I didn't know why, and at first I was upset about it. Over the years, though, I realized just how much the pet stores beget puppy mills and vice versa. The only safe way to buy a pet is through a shelter or through a good breeder, like the one who bred Sunny!

I don't know why the pet stores in Dallas closed. My hope is that so many people bought their pets at more reputable locations that they were forced to close. My guess is that they got priced out of their rent. Either way, I'm happy they're no longer there. But getting rid of pet sales in pet stores in New York? That'll be a whole other problem.

Shout out to Liz for giving me the head's up about this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment