Friday, December 31, 2010

Huge Kidney News!

Tracy Morgan is recovering from a kidney transplant he received on December 10th. I know this news is about a week late, but I thought it was nuts that two "30 Rock" stars have gotten transplants in the last year, and I'm really happy that everything went well and that he's recovering. I know it can be tough, but I'm sure he can handle it.

I certainly hope he's at the NKF walk next year - maybe I can meet him, too! Clearly I should be working at "30 Rock" to complete the 3-kidney-transplant team trio.

The best part of me hearing about this is that the BF texted me the news while I was having my annual glo-fil done at DTI. A glo-fil is a long, more accurate test that measures kidney function. Everyone in the clinic went crazy after hearing about Tracy Morgan. I think they hope that he (along with Grizz) can help bring some light to this issue. Also, my kidney's doing even better than it was last year! Hooray!

I certainly hope that Tracy's is, too. I hope your recovery is going well, Tracy. If you need any tips on pills and things, feel free to give me a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment