Friday, December 31, 2010

Kodachrome's Last Roll

Kodachrome's last roll has been developed. Kodak stopped making the chemicals needed to develop it last year.

Honestly, when I first heard the Paul Simon song of the same name, I thought it was about drugs. Then again, I was about 13 and at the time I thought all good songs were about drugs or other bad things because I had just learned what "Brick" by Ben Folds Five (my favorite song at the time) was about (spoiler alert: abortion! Eeps!) and decided that all good songs must be about terrible things. Otherwise, why would Ben Folds have written such a sad song with such a good tune?

Then my brother laughed at me and told me about it a type of color film, but I still thought it was code for drugs.

I wish I could say I ever actually used the film, but it's still sad to see it go. With it goes a piece of my innocently-cynical-about-losing-my-innocence years.

[Thanks, NY Times!]

No comments:

Post a Comment