Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy 25th, The Princess Bride!

So many wonderful things were born in 1987. Me, The Princess Bride, The Simpsons (debuted on the Ed Sullivan Show), lots of my friends, and also me again...



So happy 25th birthday, The Princess Bride! One of my favorite movies ever since I was five months old. To celebrate, here's a great article from The Playlist called "5 Things You Might Not Know about The Princess Bride on its 25th Anniversary." They're all great, but I LOVE that Mandy Patinkin bruised a rib trying to stop himself from laughing during the Miracle Max scene. Also, the mirrored sets note is incredible (what a challenge!) and that they weren't even completely necessary because both actors got so badass at swordplay before they shot it. It must have been a blast to work on that set.

[Playlist article via /Film]


1 comment: