Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Remake All of Me?!

Apparently, Hollywood has decided that they need to remake your Artful Stew's family's favorite movie, All of Me. Why? I have no idea. How could anyone ever on this planet be as good as Steve Martin in that movie? They couldn't, and I feel sorry for whoever will have to try to be (Jason Segel? Adam Sandler? Liam Hemsworth!? Unthinkable!).

Don't get me wrong. I can understand why someone would want to remake a hit '80s comedy about a dead rich lady's soul getting stuck inside a sad-sack man's body and the hilarity that ensues - Who wouldn't? It writes itself. The problem is that the original is such a delight and such a product of the '80s that I just don't understand how they can do it today.

But... As Principal Skinner would say, "Prove me wrong, [Hollywood]! Prove me wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment