Monday, September 24, 2012

The Artful Stew Family Grows by One!

My sister got married this weekend - Woo hoo! It was a wonderful wedding, and the Artful Stew family is very excited about adding our new brother-in-law. We did it!

On the plus side, it was a beautiful and heartfelt ceremony followed by a raucous party that lasted well into the night. The ribs and cinnamon rolls at the post-wedding brunch the next morning were an awesome surprise, as well.

On the downside, I stepped into a fire-ant pile during the after-ceremony photos and now am covered in (not an exaggeration, I counted) seven to eight ant bites per foot. I have deduced that they are fire-ants because it's three nights later and they still throb AND itch, plus some are now topped with a pimple-looking orb of pus (which I haven't scratched off or popped because I hear that can lead to an infection). A winsome combination.

On the other plus side, I seem to have been the only participant to have stepped in the ant pile, so at least no one else suffered my same fate!

I read that they go away within about a week. In the meantime, I'm taking Benadryl to sleep at night and keeping my feet iced during the day to numb the pain. The things I do for sisterly love and also free cake (jk! It was totally worth it to help my super stellar sister get hitched to an equally amazing dude!)

No comments:

Post a Comment