Thursday, February 12, 2009

First Post!

Hello friends!

Welcome to Artful Stew, my new blog, and thus one of my first steps into the world of technology that we all need to succeed in life. Yes, because you cannot get a job these days without a blog, and also I thought it might be fun.

Well, as the title says, this blog is going to be a stew, which I figure is pretty open to interpretation. As I journey out into the real world, there are a lot of things that I will need to learn, a lot of things to add to whatever metaphorical stew I am creating via my life... perhaps we can call it my life stew:

1) Healthy cooking. Well, cooking at all, really
2) How to get a job, and also picking the right job if options present themselves
3) How to keep whatever job I am able to get
4) Apartment hunting and subsequent maintenance
5) Furthering my comedic/writing(ic) potential career
6) Enjoying NYC outside of a university setting
7) I don't have a seven, but it's my favorite number. Deal with it.

So these are things that I will probably post about in a humorous manner. Other topics may or may not include: NY Times Science articles I think are neat, tips/rantings for recent kidney transplant recipients, general musings, and possibly adorable links to puppies courtesy of the Daily Puppy.

Topics aside, this blog is about stew. Stew that is artful. Decide for yourself what that means, and for now, I'll keep the ideas a'brewin' in my noggin' of chunky, sloppy, gulpable, word chowdah.

Yes, that was a shout out. Holla!

1 comment:

  1. yay! looking forward to reading (tasting? no, that sounds kind of gross) it!

    ReplyDelete