Sunday, February 6, 2011

Everything is a Remix: Part Two

This blog post is a remix of a blog post I just read at Neatorama which posted this video: Everything is a Remix: Part Two: Movies.


The video is great. I love it because it's essentially a film studies paper in short video form. I especially love it because it reminds me that I love movies much more than I love football, so I really should get over the Steelers' oh-so-close-how-could-they-not-call-that-pass-interference-and-how-could-they-allow-so-many-turnovers defeat earlier tonight. Ugh! But yes, movies are wonderful and I should get back to writing mine.

My only criticism is that I wish it was a bit longer and involved more analysis of why we borrow so heavily and why that's ok - not just that it exists. If I had presented this to one of my film professors, she most certainly would say - great examples, but what do they mean?

So, Kirby, what do they mean? I hope to hear the answer in Part Three, due in Spring of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment