Saturday, March 17, 2012

Overcoming Fears on the Slopes

Here's 4th grader, Zia, undertaking her first ski jump. It sure looks scary on there, and she sounds a lot like I did when I hiked my first mountain, rappelled my first cliff, or even galloped on a horse for the first time.



The best part, though? How quickly she goes from being super frightened, to super excited and eager to take on the next challenge. "That thing I was frightened of? Turns out it was incredibly fun and I can't wait to do it again!" She's a brave young lady.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I used to be that way, too, and that sometimes it is better to take the scary leap and realize how easy it is, rather than to hang back and say "Uh, no, you do that terrifying jump thing. I like to keep my limbs intact."

[via Neatorama]

No comments:

Post a Comment