Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy News

A brief pause in the exciting world of TV Development:

My co-intern*: Ugh, it's really getting terrible in Iran.
Me: Yeah, it's horrible.
Co-Intern: Oh, and did I show you these pictures from the France crash? Apparently they were taken while the plane was in the air
Me: No, why would I want to see those? Why do you only read the sad news?
Co-Intern: News is mostly depressing. What do you read?
Me: Happy news.
Co-Intern: Happy news?
Me: Yeah, like the NY Science Times... or the Daily Puppy.
(*My co-intern is not an unhappy guy. It's totally legit that most of the news is depressing)

... Annnnnnd back to work.

I will say, though, that finding the Happy News is a skill. I might just have to create a blog of only happy news. So whenever someone needs cheering up - bam! There it is. Happy news from all around the globe.

Sample articles: Missing people being found, puppies being found, green buildings being built, green cars doing well on the market, a new scientific discovery, cures for illnesses, developing nations getting the help they need to make it, etc etc

3 comments:

  1. it would probably be a bad idea for everyone to only read the good news, but i wouldnt mind reading a blog full of good news every once in a while! make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True indeed. I just can't only read the bad news - it makes me so sad! So that's why I try to find something happy. Okee doke. I'll make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually should have taken a look at those Air France photos...

    They're from LOST. Seriously.

    http://tinyurl.com/lbpruk

    ReplyDelete