Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Toy Story 3 Nom'd for Best Picture!

And I don't mean "nom nom nom"'d like a LOLCatz, I mean nom'd as in got an Oscar nod or was nominated for Best Picture! Woo hoo! Bringing the group to 10 was very helpful in getting our favorite animated films nominated.

Here's a fun interview with Lee Unkrich and Michael Arndt about their reactions to the nod. I like that they bring up that no one ever gets nominated for directing an animated movie, which I always thought was BS because the directors of animated movies arguably work more (or at the very least the same) on animated movies than live-action films. This is not a few weeks or even months of shooting - it's four years of concept art, storyboarding, and frame-by-frame animation - that's intense! Plus, the direction was great.

Do animated movies every get nods for cinematography? That's another one I was wondering about, because WALL-E was beautifully shot, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment