Saturday, August 27, 2011

10:50pm: The News Really Tries to Make the Hurricalypse Interesting

After two games of Settlers of Cattan, I've lost by the most twice - TWICE! How shameful.

The only good news besides the fact that it's still only raining outside is that it's been pretty fun watching the reporters try to make it sound interesting. The same reporters have been outside with umbrellas and raincoats all day, just standing there and sometimes talking to un-evacuated people watching the storm - I can't imagine how impossibly boring and uncomfortable that must be. How wet are their socks?? Very wet, is my guess.

My favorite moment was when they talked about some guys who were surfing back before the rain got too hard. "Now, I want to stress. No one should be surfing right now. That being said, the waves are the perfect condition for surfing."

Also, watching Mayor Bloomberg try to speak Spanish is gold. His saying that "New York is the greatest city in the world" in a dejected, "Why do I have to do a press conference right now?" voice was also excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment