Friday, August 26, 2011

Artful Stew: Live Blogging Hurricane Irene


Hi Readers!

I've been on vacation the past week, so I thought I'd catch up on posts by live blogging my experience of Hurricane Irene this weekend.

So far, I'm hunkered in my bunker, ready to go with hamburger buns (no bread left), peanut butter, chocolate bars, and several cans of chickpeas (my friend's pick - no idea why, but I like the initiative). We've also got plenty of water and Seltzer (also my friend's pick - I think she wanted to class up the bunker food?). Clearly, we're all set.

I've never been in a hurricane before, so I don't really know what to expect. I'm hoping that it all dies down before it even reaches New York and I end up eating peanut butter burgers just for fun, but I feel good being prepared.

I'll keep you updated throughout the weekend on how Manhattan is holding up, how our food supplies are, and when I've been eaten/eaten someone else for sustenance in our post-apocalyptic world.

And I thought it'd be the squirrels that finally took me down.

Then again, they could have a weather-controlling device that's causing all of this in the first place. Hmm... that may make more sense.

[Image of Hurricane Irene credit: Flickr user NOAA/NASA Goddard Photo and Video]

No comments:

Post a Comment