Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is Wal-Mart Beating the US?

I can't say I like Wal-Mart. In fact, there have been multiple occasions where I've said I outright hate the company. And for good reason. It can be a super-huge ****hole.

On this particular occasion, though, Wal-Mart, our favorite corporate demon (besides McDonald's, of course) is actually doing something entirely of their own accord for the benefit of the consumer and the environment alike: it's putting environmental-impact labels on clothing and other consumer goods. Just because they think that's the right thing to do.

Weird? Yes. Interesting idea? Certainly. Will it work (in the fight against global warming)? I really, really hope so.

So what do you guys think? Will it work? What's Wal-Mart's angle? Do you think they read my "Earth is Mother" 100% organic cotton T-Shirt that had a pretend nutrition fact label on it but isntead of nutrition it put environmental impact and were inspired? Because if not, that's a weird coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment