Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Candy to Help Fight Cavities?

This Science Daily article (and accompanying video!) talk about a new candy that may help fight (fight!) and prevent cavities.

I hate getting fillings and I have the prettiest, but also worst teeth. It's genetic - blarg! So if I could do something besides just brushing and flossing to help fight cavities, I'd do it in a heartbeat (pending there weren't any weird side effects like nervous-compulsive tweeting or something) - but it being candy that's preventing me from getting cavities? Now that's what I'm talking about!

Here's my only qualm - they talk a pretty big game about efficacy, but not much about taste. And I ain't eaten some icky chalk, no matter who says it's candy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I would really be glad if candies can become cavity fighters. Too often, it's the other way around wherein my candy habit is becoming the cause of cavities and other issues that the dentists are warning against.

    Smile makeover

    ReplyDelete