Thursday, March 31, 2011

Get It Together, America!

Seriously, we recently dropped from the top 2nd to the 3rd country in clean-energy investments.

I understand that we're in a recession, which is precisely why we should be investing more into clean energy than anyone else! What's the fastest growing market today? No, profits for the top 1% of Americans aren't a market. Clean energy is! It's the future, and I think Obama said he wants us to win it.

I know we're already doomed to lose some sort of superpower war to China eventually, but if we at least pretend we're still a superpower or a little longer we may be able to stave off the invasions long enough that they might think of us as adorable pets (you know, like we think of the British) instead of slaves (you like, like the British used to think of Africans, Indians, and pretty much anyone they came across).

I also know that the average American was dumb enough (or too busy working three jobs) to vote for a bunch of idiotic Republicans into office and it's hard enough to keep the government working much less actually doing something productive.

But seriously - Rich people, smart people, savvy people, whoever is left that can do this - invest in clean energy so we can get ourselves out of this mess. Because I hate living in a country where the government can vote against scientific fact and pretend that it isn't their responsibility to save this Earth and this economy for their children, but I REALLY like my apartment.

Just saying. Get it together, America.

(And Obama, if you want to use that as your 2012 slogan, I'm fine with it. But I kind of doubt it'll help you win, despite its accuracy.)

PS. We lost to Germany. For realz.

No comments:

Post a Comment